Although we now have Gym on site, it’s a completely different experience to walk, feel the fresh breeze and enjoy surroundings. From the collection of Bayside City Council, We would suggest GOLF LINKS LANE WALK for our guests.
Time: 1 hour
Distance: 4.3 kilometers
Seats: Tulip Street Lake, Tjilatirrin Reserve and Sandringham Family Leisure Centre
Melway Reference: 77 A12 & 86 A1
Bus routes: 600, 925, 922-3
Wheelchair access: Accessible entire trail, gravel paths along Cheltenham and Reserve Road
Parking: Tjilatjirrin Reserve
Toilets: Tjilatjirrin Reserve
This trail commences in the car park of the Tjilatjirrin Reserve (10 Spring St. Sandringham) and takes us through several of the back streets of Sandringham, Cheltenham and Black Rock.
1. F.G. Tricks Reserve is named after the longest serving Town Clerk of the former City of Sandringham (33 years). Turn left into McKay Ave and walk past the Black Rock Bowls and Tennis Club. Walk through the end of the street into the connecting street called St Andrews Court and along to Cheltenham Road where you cross to the south side of the road.
2. The absolute highlight of this trail is a stroll down Cheltenham Road. As you walk the gravel path you’ll feel as though you’ve been transported away to a country lane. Cheltenham Road is not only filled with trees, but is also surrounded by the open space provided by two of Victoria’s premier golf courses. Royal Melbourne is a private golf course which was founded in 1891 and relocated to its current site in 1931. The Sandringham Golf Course is a public course which was founded in 1937, but later moved to its existing site in 1946 and expanded to 18 holes in 1955.
3. Continue walking the trail until you reach the park on the corner of Tulip Street. The Tulip Street lake is located on the corner of Tulip Street and Reserve Road. The lake provides a bush setting far from the hustle and bustle of the city. Native plant life and glorious gum trees provide plenty of atmosphere and calm in this peaceful location.
4. Sandringham Family Leisure Centre is located on your left. This is a great spot to stop for a rest and refreshment break.
5. Continue walking along Tulip Street until you reach the Tjilatjirrin Reserve. Take the time to enjoy this lovely location before heading home for a well-earned rest.
For more information, Please visit the website of Bayside City Council
If you are staying at the Buckingham international and feel like going for one of the walk; come to reception and someone from our reception team can guide you through.
Information supplied from Bayside City council